I've watched this video http://support.mendeley.com/customer/portal/articles/168756-installing-and-using-the-word-plugin-in-windows on installing the Mendeley Add-in for MS Word (I'm using the 2010 version). It appears that the add-in was successfully installed (I checked in Word), but the Add-ins tab does not appear in Word. Is there another step or setting that I am missing? Thanks!
I've also followed these directions and ran into problems
1. Press the arrow next to the quick access toolbar at the top-left corner of Word2010;
2. Select “More commands”
4. On the far left pane select “Add-Ins”
5. At the bottom on Manage, select “Word Add-Ins”
6. Browse to c:\Program Files\Mendeley Desktop\wordPlugin
7. Select Mendeley-1.3.1.dot
8. Restart Word. You may get a ‘security warning’ to allow the new macro to run.
I can get to step 5, but I don't have an option to browse. Instead, I can choose from a list of add-ins, and there's a file called Mendeley-1.3.2.dotm. I'm not really sure what to do from here. I can hit "OK" but nothing happens, even when I restart Word. I must be missing something. Your help is much appreciated.
Is there anything listed under the References tab in Word? If not, could you please let us know whether your version of Word 2010 is of 32 or 64 bits? Thanks in advance.
This question is closed to new answers.